University of Canterbury Alumni Association
The University of Canterbury Alumni Association is governed by an Executive Committee, elected each year at the Annual General Meeting. To be eligible to nominate or stand for the Committee, you must be a graduate, past student, Council member, or past or present staff member of the University of Canterbury. The Committee is composed of between five and eight members.
The objectives of the Association are;
- To promote and further the best interests of the University of Canterbury
- To promote goodwill amongst graduates and staff of the university, persons associated with the university and friends of the university
- To inform them about activities at the university and matters which promote mutual goodwill
- To comment on university policy and government policy
Notice of UC Alumni Association 19th Annual General Meeting
7 June 2012
6.30pm, Alice Candy House, The University of Canterbury
3. MINUTES OF 2011 MEETING
4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
5. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE REPORT
6. TREASURER'S REPORT
7. ELECTION OF OFFICERS & COMMITTEE MEMBERS
The following Officers and Committee Members are running:
Acting President: Jonathan Reddiford
Committee: Bill Karaitiana
8. APPOINTMENT OF AUDITOR
9. NOTICES OF MOTIONS
- “That the UC Alumni Association allocate $95k of its funds to the UCAA Scholarship Fund”, and
- “That the UC Alumni Association be wound up and replaced by the Friends of the UC Chapter”
10. GENERAL BUSINESS
Executive Committee for 2010-2011
Mr Jonathan Reddiford
Mrs Deborah O'Connor
Ms Barbara-Lee Dickson
Mr Bill Karaitiana
Mrs Sylvia Lukey
Mr Bill McKean
Mr Martin Moore
Mr Jonathan Reddiford
UC Alumni Association Scholarships
Funds raised by the Alumni Association provide up to four student scholarships annually; two postgraduate and two undergraduate scholarships for first year students worth up to $5000 each.
The scholarships are awarded on the basis of a combination of academic merit, sporting, cultural and community involvement, and a demonstrated awareness of the objectives of the Alumni Association.
Funds for the scholarships are generated from various licensing agreements, from a portion of sales of UC gifts and memorabilia, as well as donations from individuals.
See more about UC Alumni Association Scholarships.