To check whether you qualify for Gift Aid, please read the following


When you make a Gift Aid claim you certify the following:

  • I am a UK tax payer 

  • I pay sufficient UK tax to cover the Gift Aid claimed 

  • I want this donation, along with all future donations, and all past donations since the earliest date statute permits, to be treated as Gift Aid payments

To qualify for Gift Aid, you must satisfy all of the criteria below:

  • you must pay or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to the following 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. 

  • The charities above will reclaim 25p on every £1 I give on or after 6 April 2011 

  • You can cancel this Declaration at any time by notifying the charity. 

  • If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that the charity reclaims, you can cancel your declaration. 

  • If you pay tax at the higher rate, you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment tax return 

  • Please notify the charity if you change your name or address. 

  • If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid txa relief, you can ask the charity itself or request leaflet IR65 from your local tax office. 

  • claims are valid only if this donation is made by you personally and your home address is included above. Organisations may be able to claim tax relief for charitable donations, but such donations are not "Gift Aid" donations from the charity's perspective. 

  • the donation covered by the Gift Aid certification above must come from your own income and must not arise from a collection or donation from anyone else. 

  • Gift Aid is not available in respect of donations made by anyone who receives a benefit from the charity in connection with that donation. The most common example is a sponsor making a personal donation to the charity where, say, the charity pays for air fares in relation to an overseas activity or sponsorship. This restriction of Gift Aid does not apply to donations from people other than the recipient making a donation to the charity, either directly or via the recipient. But it does apply to donations from anyone connected to a such a recipient, such as a husband/wife or child.


Donate now to the University of Canterbury UK Trust

Your gift to the University of Canterbury will ensure that UC continues to provide vital services in our community and a world-class learning experience for students.


Giving from the UK

 Donate online or download PDF donation form 

















  • Mailing address
    University of Canterbury
    Private Bag 4800
    Christchurch 8140
    New Zealand
  • Follow UC